- Raise awareness of their work boots among Millennial tradesmen
- Create an authentic connection between their brand and the next generation of American workers
- Drive purchase intent of the new generation at Red Wing retail stores
At the time, I had been on the brand for a little bit and knew they were sitting on a MOUNTAIN of GOLD. Here is how we mined it.
Rallying behind the hashtag #AmericaWorking, we asked men and women across the country to submit their most epic stories of work done in their Red Wing boots. Our integrated communication approach included paid and organic social content, signage in more than 500 retail stores across the country, brand ambassador forums, as well as email distribution.
The Red Wing Wall of Honor campaign had 3 major components:
- Encouragement of epic story submission via social and retail presence as well as on the America Working site
- Collection, display, and distribution all of these stories via social, email, and the America Working site
- With Red Wing Shoe employee participation (from the CEO to men and women on the factory floor!), selection of the most epic stories to be represented by the workers' worn boots on the physical Wall of Honor in Red Wing's flagship store in Red Wing, Minnesota (coming March 2018).
- The Wall of Honor experience will also be replicated digitally for global distribution
The results absolutely blew away the benchmarks that we had for this campaign:
- More than 12 million impressions with a 96% positive sentiment around the brand and campaign (unheard of in this category!)
- Nearly 1K submissions on the site as well as on social using the #AmericaWorking
- Strong, and unsolicited, PR exposure from:
The Red Wing Wall of Honor will be unveiled in March of 2018 in Red Wing Minnesota and, given its success, will become an annual campaign as new inductees to the Wall of Honor are selected each year to for the Wall. To use a Red Wing phrase, this campaign, "got the job done right."